Thursday, August 9, 2018

My Antonio Callaway Breakdown

With the recent arrest of Antonio Callaway of the Cleveland Browns on drug and weapons violations, I found it appropriate to release my Antonio Callaway breakdown from my book "The 2018 NFL Draft Prospectus" that was released in April. I removed him from consideration as a top 20 prospect at WR, although many publications still listed him as a potential first or second round prospect. I completely downgraded him because the behavior he has shown in recent days is the behavior that he has always displayed. Here is what I wrote after grading him, personally, as barely being worth anyone's time as a UDFA in the April draft:

Antonio Calloway, Florida
Callaway was an off-field disaster at Florida, and was a suspension regular for the Gators. He was arrested for felony fraud for wiring money from a stolen credit card, and has had multiple failed drug tests, and is known for surrounding himself with bad elements. Talent be damned, this guy is not worth anyone’s time, but still earned a third day grade overall. I would not touch him with someone else’s money.

It would seem that nothing has changed, and that Callaway is an absolute train wreck of a human being. If the Browns give him any kind of pass on this arrest, that is on them, but it will not be the last time we see his name attached to a police report.

No comments:

Post a Comment