Friday, April 20, 2018

Bilo's Top 10 2018 NFL Draft Running Backs

Here are my top 10 RBs as graded by my team. Please remember that these rankings do not project where we believe that any back in this class will be drafted. These are simply who we like and in what order.

1. Saquon Barkley, Penn State
Barkley is not just the best RB in this class, he is the best pure athlete and the highest ranked prospect in the class by far. He would be completely worthy of being slotted as the number one pick in the draft, although we project him being picked in the number two spot by the Giants.

2. Ronald Jones II, USC
Jones really evolved into the back that Trojan fan had hoped for in 2017, and when Sam Darnold's confidence was flagging at QB, Jones filled the void. I project him as the third back taken in the draft, but I like would love to see him taken second at the end of the first round by Pittsburgh, although I see them possibly going with our number three selection.

3. Derrius Guice, LSU
I would have elevated him to number two on the list, but he really throttled back in 2017, much like Leonard Fournette did the year before, and it makes me question his overall commitment as a player. Still, he has all the physical tools to play, but I could see some drama come contract time.

4. Rashaad Penny, San Diego State
Penny is rising fast as NFL personnel people are finally getting into him (months after I said they should). Penny was a major producer in the college game, and having seen him in person and on film, and having interviewed him, I would be more than pleased if he fell into my draft position.

5. Sony Michel, Georgia
I have no issues with his overall game, but I have to wonder what he will be like if he has to be the guy full time, because we have never seen that from him.

6. Nick Chubb, Georgia
Chubb has the same issue as Michel. He has always been a load sharing back, and like Michel, has been injured. I like him in the middle round, but anything earlier would be risky.

7. Kerryon Johnson, Auburn
A slasher that will be asked to be more of a power back on the next level, and I am not so sure that he holds up in that role.

8. Royce Freeman, Oregon
There are concerns about lost speed for this burly power back, as he has been dealing with a knee issue on and off, and it specifically cost him in 2016. He can certainly score with 60 collegiate TDs rushing to his credit.

9. Bo Scarbrough, Alabama
Because of the depth and talent in the backfield for the Tide, I don't see that we have gotten the best of what he can do yet. In flashes he looks brilliant, and he could be just coming into his own.

10. Akrum Wadley, Iowa
He is rated below quite a few other backs in among the scouting services, but for all out production over the last two years, he fits the bill the best to fit into the top ten, as several other backs ahead of him have limited production and experience. I like proven products, and he is certainly one of those.

For full profiles of the RB class, and every other position for the NFL Draft in 2018, click here to purchase our 2018 NFL Draft Prospectus, with over 110 pages of notes and information : http://bilosports.blogspot.com/p/power-rated-sports-premium-subscription.html

Next: Bilo's Top 10 WR Prospects For the 2018 NFL Draft



No comments:

Post a Comment