Saturday, January 15, 2011

FBS QB of the Year

I had earlier announced that this week would bring the naming of my positional players being named for FBS Player of the Year. As I had done with each of FCS positions, I will break down the players position by position before naming my All-Bilo Teams for the 2010 season. I am proud to pick today to announce the All-Bilo FBS QB of the Year.
A note before I list the ten finalists, which will be listed before I name the winner. I had announced weeks ago that Cameron Newton would be declared ineligible for any awards on my site. I will not go into the reasons why at this time, as I have already stated my opinion. I have also declared Terelle Pryor ineligible for awards on this site for conduct detrimental and for violating NCAA rules. Some of you may not agree, but that won't change my mind. Awards on my site are for players that are eligible by NCAA standards (even if the NCAA doesn't follow their standards themselves) and have been solid NCAA citizens. If you see someone on my awards lists that you know has had issues, it means that I don't know anything about the issue, and if you kindly send me an email to update and educate me, I will take that into consideration after I have had time to investigate the situation.
Without further delay...here are my 10 finalists for the QB of the Year award...

Ricky Stanzi, Iowa; Chandler Harnish, Northern Illinois; Dan Persa, Northwestern; Bryant Moniz, Hawaii; Ryan Mallett, Arkansas; Scott Tolzien, Wisconsin; Andy Dalton, TCU; Greg McElroy, Alabama; Andrew Luck, Stanford; Kellen Moore, Boise State

Congrats to these gentlemen for their nominations for this award. Every player on this list had a very nice season, and each is deserving of winning this award. However, only one player can be named our QB of the year.

Our winner of the 1st annual All-Bilo QB of the Year 2010 is...............

KELLEN MOORE, BOISE STATE
Moore was a beast at QB this season for the 12-1 Broncos. Boise State finished #2 in the nation in our Power Rating System rankings. Moore was the undeniable leader of the Broncos, and everyone knows that it's his team. Moore completed 71.3% of his passes this season, completing 273 of 383 passes on the year. Moore passed for 3845 yards, and hit for 35 TDs against just 6 picks all season. A loss to Nevada was all that kept Boise from a BCS bowl, and averaged 295.8 yards per game. Moore looks to be coming back to BSU for his senior season, and would then be a 4 year starter.
Congratulations to Kellen Moore, and to the Boise State Football Community.

2 comments:

  1. Why thank you sir, finally great to see someone give Kellen Moore the respect he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my pleasure to acknowledge the efforts of Kellen Moore. It was a tough decision, and as a staff, we went back and forth between Kellen and Andrew Luck. It was such a tight vote that we almost named it as a tie, but Kellen won out in the end.
    Thanks for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete