Monday, September 4, 2017

College Football Week One ATS Picks: Friday Games

9/1

Eastern Michigan -14 Charlotte
My Pick: EMU
Analysis: This one is harder to work out, as both teams are a bit enigmatic. EMU looks like the stronger of the two, especially on offense, and should be able to get by with a two score win.
Result: Win (1-0)

Washington -27.5 Rutgers
My Pick: Washington
Analysis: I liked this game at 30 or more, and I really love it at just under four TDs. Washington is down two starting LBs, but that should not emerge as much of a factor here.
Result: Loss (1-1)

Navy -10 FAU
My Pick: Navy
Analysis: I liked Navy at three TDs here. It has come all the way down to 10, because people love the hype around Kiffin, however misplaced that hype is.
Result: Win (2-1)

Wisconsin -27.5 Utah State
My Pick: Wisconsin
Analysis: Wisconsin has taken some injury hits on defense in fall camp, but there should be enough in the tank to handle an outgunned Utah State team in Madison.
Result: Win (3-1)

Boston College -3.5 Northern Illinois
My Pick: NIU
Analysis: I never like BC in road openers. The Huskies were favored when this game opened, but the script has flipped in favor of the Eagles. Other than concerns about how good BC is on defense (very good), the Huskies should still get the home team edge here.
Result: Win (4-1)

Colorado -4 Colorado State
My Pick: Colorado
Analysis: The spread has been cut in half this week, based on the CSU performance against Oregon State last week. I am not ready to throw the farm on the Rams until they can handle the Buffs. I will take Colorado in the neutral site contest here.
Result: Win (5-1)

No comments:

Post a Comment