Monday, September 4, 2017

Updated Week One College Football Picks: Thursday Games

Here are my updated picks for week one of the college football season ATS:

8/31

Ohio State -20.5 Indiana
My Pick: Ohio State
Analysis: The Buckeyes look loaded across the board. The secondary will be untested, but Richard Lagow has been known to play poorly under pressure, and he turns the football over. JT Barrett is ready to go at QB for the Buckeyes, and Mike Weber shows as probable at RB. There is also that think with Indiana firing Kevin Wilson.
Result: Win (1-0)

Minnesota -24 Buffalo
My Pick: Minnesota
Analysis: PJ Fleck gets an opponent that he should be fairly familiar with from his MAC days, although WMU and Buffalo were in separate divisions. Minnesota should win fairly easily at home.
Result: Loss (1-1)

Memphis -26 UL-Monroe
My Pick: Memphis
Analysis: ULM really should have nothing in reserve to stop the offense of the Tigers. I'm Looking for Riley Ferguson and company to run out big, and early.
Result: Loss (1-2)

Arizona State -22 New Mexico State
My Pick: Arizona State
Analysis: This spread has come down dramatically, as nobody thinks that the Sun Devils can stop anyone defensively. I am much more comfortable with this spread, as the Sun Devils can still win 54-30.
Result: Loss (1-3)

UCF -17 FIU
My Pick: UCF
Analysis: UCF is the team that nobody is talking about in AAC play. I see them as a riser, and FIU does not have the talent  to run with them, even with Butch Davis at head coach. This line has stayed static, leaving no room for drama.
Result: Win (2-3)

Oklahoma State -18 Tulsa
My Pick: Oklahoma State
Analysis: Tulsa has some talent on offense, but the Cowboys could end up being one of the more explosive teams in the nation. Tulsa does not have the kind of defense that stops that sort of thing.
Result: Win (3-3)




No comments:

Post a Comment