Tuesday, January 17, 2017

2016 All-Bilo Defensive Lineman of the Year: FCS

I now flip to the defensive side of the football for my All-Bilo FCS awards, as I turn my attention to the defensive lineman of the year. Here are my finalists for the FCS ranks:

Keontre Anderson, Jackson State
Karter Schult, Northern Iowa
Pat Afriyie, Colgate
Javancy Jones, Jackson State
Jonathan Petersen, San Diego

This was an exceptional group of players this season, making it one of the more competitive awards for me in 2016. The winner is...

Karter Schulte, Northern Iowa
Schulte was a force for the UNI Panthers in 2016, finishing with 24 TFLs, and 17 sacks on the season. His 17 sacks more than led the nation among FCS players, and his 24 TFLs had him finishing 2nd nationally.
Congratulations to Karter Schult and to the UNI football program!

No comments:

Post a Comment