Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week 5 Saturday Preview-Part 1

Have a chance to go clean a landfill with a toothbrush? Take it over watching these yawn class games...

Ohio (1-3) at Eastern Michigan (0-4)
Vegas Line: Ohio -9
The Bobcats of Ohio could be 2-2 right now, but Frank Solich threw away a perfect chance at a trip to OT where they surely would have had a shot at being Marshall. EMU has not challenged anyone, and merely playing a close game is a shock these days.
I pick: Ohio

Vanderbilt (1-2) at UConn (2-2)
Vegas Line: UConn -10.5
Call this the irrelevant bowl 2010. Neither of these teams is headed anywhere this season.
I pick: UConn at home...I guess

Ohio State (4-0) at Illinois (2-1)
Vegas Line: OSU -20
Does anyone actually think that the Illini have half of a shot here?
I pick: OSU

Alcorn State (3-0) at Mississippi State (2-2)
Vegas Line: None
ASU is having their best season since Steve McNair was the QB, but they are nowhere near in a class that could actually show up the Bulldogs.
I pick: MSU

UL-Monroe (1-2) at Auburn (4-0)
Vegas Line: Auburn -30
Todd Berry can't even dream of taking a team into Jordan-Hare and winning. Dream on.
I pick: Auburn

TCU (4-0) at Colorado State (1-3)
Vegas Line: TCU -30
All of the feel good energy from CSU's win over Idaho should evaporate on Saturday when the Frogs come to town.
I pick: TCU

Idaho (2-2) at Western Michigan (1-2)
Vegas Line: WMU -2
Things have gotten bad in Moscow when the underachieving Broncos are the favored team. I am not buying it.
I pick: Idaho...get it back on track!!!

Tulane (1-2) at Rutgers (2-1)
Vegas Line: Rutgers -20
Public Service Announcement: If you are gambling real money on this game, please seek help now. You have a problem, but there are people that can help. I am not even sure either of these teams can score 20 anyway.
I pick: Rutgers...and if you do bet, take the under...

Buffalo (1-3) at Bowling Green (1-3)
Vegas Line: BG -5
This is a MAC slopfest if I have ever seen one...but then again, there may at least be some offense...
I pick: Buffalo

Ball State (1-3) at Central Michigan (2-2)
Vegas Line: CMU -17
Any tilt involving Ball Sweat...I mean State...is a no watch for me. What a horrible team.
I pick: CMU

FIU (0-3) at Pittsburgh (1-2)
Vegas Line: Pitt -16
Do you think that Dion Lewis will be able to run against these guys?
I pick: Pitt

Washington State (0-4) at UCLA (2-2)
Vegas Line: UCLA -28
This will be ugly, and if UCLA struggles at all on offense, it will be just ugly to watch.
I pick: UCLA

Northern Illinois (2-2) at Akron (0-4)
Vegas Line: NIU -14
Chad Spann busted over 200 yards rushing against Minnesota, imagine what hell do to the Zips?
I pick: NIU

Duke (1-3) at Maryland (3-1)
Vegas Line: Maryland -10
Friedgen is coaching for his life this season, and there will not be any blowing it against the Blue Devils.

UTEP (3-1) at New Mexico (0-4)
Vegas Line: UTEP -15
15 points is a gift against someone who's closest loss was 35 points this season. Miners roll.
I pick: UTEP

SMU (2-2) at Rice (1-3)
Vegas Line: SMU -9.5
SMU is looking to kick some ass after a frustrating week against TCU. Rice provides the ass to kick.
I pick: SMU

Louisville (1-2) at Arkansas State (1-3)
Vegas Line: Louisville -6.5
Watch the highlight reel of ASU QB Ryan Aplin and nothing else.
I pick: UPSET ALERT!!! ASU.

Florida Atlantic (1-2) at South Florida (2-1)
Vegas Line: USF -20
This game holds no sway in state, much less out of it. Not much buzz about this game.
I pick: USF

Louisiana-Lafayette (1-2) at North Texas (1-3)
Vegas Line: UNT -3
Could Todd Dodge swim out of the dead pool and knock Ricky Bustle into it to replace him?
I pick: ULL

UC-Davis (1-3) at San Jose State (1-3)
Vegas Line: None
Unwatchable...like almost every San Jose State game.
I pick: UPSET ALERT!!! UCD

Boise State (3-0) at New Mexico State (0-3)
Vegas Line: Boise -37
That spread tells you all you need to know. No shot of an upset here...sorry Aggie fans.
I pick: Boise State

Nevada (4-0) at UNLV (1-3)
Vegas Line: UNR -21
This was the game that sealed Mike Sanford's fate at UNLV last season. It won't be much better this season, however UNLV's defense isn't half bad.
I pick: Nevada

Cal Poly (3-1) at Fresno State (2-1)
Vegas Line: None
Fresno will probably be playing pissed after what happened at Ole Miss...and that's bad for the Mustangs.
I pick: Fresno State

Louisiana Tech (1-3) at Hawaii (2-2)
Vegas Line: UH -6.5
Tech is supposed to have the big offense, but it will be the Rainbows who will be putting up the numbers.
I pick: Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment